Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Soccer Six

I'm very much looking forward to this weekend... because I'm going to be playing football at West Ham Utd. I'm taking part in the Soccer Six event which is raising money for Samaritans. Some people who are very close to me used to volunteer for Samaritans so I know how valuable a service they provide and how much support they need. But let's not pretend that the charity is uppermost in my mind... the truth is I'm just very excited to put my boots on and play at a Premiership ground. Which it still is. Just.

I'm not quite sure how I came to be invited to play what with not being a proper celeb and, in particular, not being in a band as they seem to make up the majority of the teams. If you're in a band I guess that's your team selection sorted while I'm playing in a team with a few other bandless folks, like Angus Deayton and Oliver Skeet. Should be fun. If you want to come along and cheer us on (as well as Razorlight, Babyshambles or whoever) you can get tickets from TicketMaster or by calling 0870 534 4444. Should be

No comments: